Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Place to Start

I'm not sure what this blog is about. I'm not sure if anyone will read it. I just decided to have somewhere different to store my contemplations since everything in my life is about to change.

In nine days time I am heading to Italy where I will be studying the local language for three months. What a random thing to do in your late 20's - I know. I have taken a break from my career and steady income in order to go somewhere unfamiliar and do something I've never done. Some people think I'm crazy; a lone girl heading to Europe where she knows nobody. They say I'm "brave", with a hint of alarm in their voices. However, the world was made for exploring and I was made for living in it. Seems like a pretty easy formula to me.

My motto is this: I can have the life I want. I can be the person I want to be

and;

Amelia Erhardt said: "The most effective way to do it, is to do it."

So that's what I'm doing. I'm going to see what else is out there in the big wide world. I have lots of questions that need some contemplation and if possible, some answers.

There are all sorts of things that I would like to know. For example: Why people choose money over happiness; why countries war when they have to sit down and talk it over in the end anyway; why people collect junk; why they buy teeny bopper pop albums; whether the media has turned democracy into a public image pageant; and whether writing down your thoughts in a format like this actually affords any benefits.

It remains to be seen.

I am a patchy journaler at best, so logic tells me my blogging may follow suit. We'll see...


2 comments:

  1. You're the good kind of crazy my friend. And I for one can't wait to read your contemplations, patchy or not. Happy trails :)

    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks RH :)

    Great quote! "Bowlines"! I love it

    ReplyDelete